Friday, September 27, 2013

R.I.P. Meat

Well, all the tests are back and it is official, I am now allergic to meat.  Thank you Lone Star tick, you little bastard.

If you don't know what in the hell I'm talking about, Google "alpha-gal."

I'm happy to know I'm not a nutcase (regarding this issue; I am very aware that I am, in fact, mostly crazy).

It has long been my rule that if it lived in water at any time, it does not go on my plate.  Clearly, I'm going to have to reassess.  Yesterday I had chocolate pie for breakfast.  This doesn't seem like a good long-term plan.

2 comments:

  1. I'd want chocolate pie for breakfast over fish any day...and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Yesterday I had pecan pie and Crunch Berries for lunch. On one hand, I'm taking care of myself by not committing suicide-by-cheeseburger. On the other hand, I'm going to gain 500 pounds.

      Delete